This meal prep recipe is hearty and filling without a lot of heavy carbs. It is a meal that will make you feel warmth like the ingredients of fall cooking do but won’t leave you feeling like your stomach is weighed down afterwards.
I enjoy the fresh flavors of the bright lemons juice and rosemary. They are an iconic combination. If you haven’t tried it you are missing out.
The ingredients for the marinade are pictured below and it is easy to throw together quickly.
After you gather your marinade ingredients, whisk them together in a dish and pour over the chicken and carrots.
The marinade helps keep the chicken juicy. The longer it sits on the chicken, the more predominant the flavors will be.
Rosemary Chicken and Honey Balsamic Carrots
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
1 lb chicken breasts
1 lb rainbow baby carrots
1 tablespoon rosemary leaves
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
Balsamic Honey Marinade:
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp honey
Juice of one lemon
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9×13 in casserole dish.
2. Place thawed chicken in dish and cover with salt, pepper and rosemary.
3. Add carrots to casserole dish.
4. Make marinade in a separate bowl.
5. Pour marinade over chicken and carrots. This can be cooked immediately but is best if it marinates in the fridge at least 30 minutes, up to overnight.
6. Bake 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.