I love making hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot. They always come out with the result I want and I don’t have to worry about watching the Pot to make sure it doesn’t boil over or anything like that.
It’s a great way to prep eggs for the week ahead while you need to be focusing on something else because you don’t have to pay too much attention to them while they cook. It takes about 5 minutes for my Instant Pot to come to pressure and they cook in 5 minutes. Then I let the pressure release for 5 minutes. Pretty easy to remember: 5, 5, 5.
Instant Pot Hardboiled Eggs
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes (includes time for pressure to build and to release pressure)
1 cup water
1. Pour 1 cup water in Instant Pot.
2. Place trivet in Instant Pot and place eggs on top.
3. Close lid and turn vent to sealed position.
4. Press pressure cooker button and adjust time to 5 minutes.
5. Once timer has gone off to indicate eggs are done, let it naturally release pressure for 5 minutes and then open the seal to the venting position.
6. When the lid unlocks, remove the eggs carefully and place them in an ice bath to cool.
7. Peel and serve!