These breakfast sandwiches are similar to a Mcdonalds menu items, the McGriddle. They are great for breakfast or dinner and can be made ahead of time and frozen to reheat!
Copycat Breakfast Sandwich
Total Time: 35 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time (for all the pancakes combined): 20 minutes
2 cups flour
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 1/4 cups buttermilk milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon maple syrup
2 tablespoons butter, melted
Your favorite pancake toppings
- Preheat griddle or skillet to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. On the stove this is medium high heat. You will know it is warm enough when you can wet your fingers and drop water on the skillet and it sizzles
- Whisk all ingredients in a bowl.
- Cook a few minutes and flip when bubbles begin to pop in center and they are golden brown then cook a few minutes more.
4. While pancakes are cooking; cook bacon a few minutes on each side in a skillet on medium high heat until slightly crispy. We did 2 pieces per sandwich. Reserve a few teaspoons of grease.
5. Fry one egg per sandwich in a few teaspoons of leftover bacon grease until desired result. I like mine over easy but not everyone does.
6. Assemble. Place 1 pancake on plate and drizzle with syrup. Add egg and bacon. Top with another pancake.