I love making spaghetti and meatballs but it can take a lot of time and can be tough to accomplish in a week night. I like the idea of this recipe because you put all the ingredients in the Instant Pot and you just walk away.
It’s that easy.
When you return to release the pressure, the whole dish is done and ready to serve.
What could be better?!
The Instant Pot is a miracle machine. I think you’ll love this recipe and how easy it is. You will have dinner on the table in 30 minutes!
Combine all ingredients for meatballs in a bowl.
All the spices will be mixed in to the meat.
Then add cheese and mix it in.
Form your meatballs with your hands or a small cookie scoop.
Spray the Instant Pot with nonstick spray. Put the meatballs in the bottom.
Add uncooked spaghetti noodles on top of the meatballs. This will keep the meatballs from sticking together and I promise the pasta will cook enough.
Add 3 cups of water and 3 cups of spaghetti sauce. Do the best you can to coat the noodles.
Put the lid on the Instant pot and seal the vent. Set it on the pressure cooker setting for 10 minutes.
Once they are finished, let the pressure release for 5 minutes and then open the vent to the sealed position. A great family dinner!
Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time (including time to come to pressure and de-pressurize): about 20 minutes
1 lb ground beef
2 teaspoons garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1 lb spaghetti noodles
3 cups water
3 cups spaghetti sauce
- Combine all ingredients for meatballs in a bowl and mix. Form meatballs with a small cookie scoop and set aside.
- Spray pot with nonstick spray. Put meatballs in bottom.
- Add spaghetti noodles. I broke them in half to make sure they fit.
- Pour water and sauce on top.
- Close lid and set vent to sealed position.
- Cook on pressure cooker setting 10 minutes. It will take about 5-10 minutes to come to pressure.
- After the time goes off, let it naturally release the pressure for about 5 minutes.
- Turn the vent to the vent position and when it finishes, open the lid.