For many people, St. Patrick’s Day means Shamrock shakes and green mint chocolate chip treats.
This is an adaptation of my Brownie Drop Cookies that dresses them up for St. Patrick’s Day. They have a hint of mint flavor in the dough, in the M&Ms and they also have the bright festive greens on top.
You can find the Mint M&Ms during this season at Walmart and Target. You can probably find them other places too but I know for sure you can get them there lol.
So let’s get started!
Add butter and sugars to your mixer and cream until combined. Add extracts and egg and stir to fully combine.
Add dry ingredients and stir to combine, scraping the bowl down to incorporate all dry ingredients.
Now for the M&Ms. For best results wait to add these until you scoop the cookies. Scoop the cookies onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Top each one with a few M&Ms. Now it is time to bake.
Mint Brownie Drop Cookies
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon mint extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 1/4 cups flour
1 cup mint M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Soften 1 stick of butter in the microwave safe dish for about 10 seconds. It will be soft but not quite fully melted.
- Add butter to a mixing bowl with sugars and combine.
- Add egg and vanilla and stir.
- Add dry ingredients and stir to combine, scraping down the bowl to be sure all dry ingredients are incorporated
- Scoop cookie dough onto baking sheet. Top with a few mint M&Ms.
- Bake 9-11 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to complete cooling