How adorable are these poop emoji cakes?!
A couple of months ago I was at Walmart and happened upon this $5 silicone mold for poop emojis and I absolutely could not pass it up. I was able to find the same mold on amazon, link here, Poop Emoji Silicone Mold and online at Target. So you can purchase it to make these at home too!
Here is what you need:
I used a box cake mix along with the ingredients it called for and added a few things to make it taste like it was a homemade cake. The recipe called for:
1 box chocolate cake mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/4 cups water
My add ins:
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon butter extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare the silicone mold by spraying with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside on a baking sheet.
2. Mix all ingredients in a bowl and stir until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl to be sure all dry mix is incorporated.
3. Fill the molds to the top but do not overfill.
4. Put silicone mold on cookie sheet into the oven. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. For my oven this took about 22 minutes.
5. Let them cool and use a knife to cut any excess batter off the top to make them leveled out so they can stand flat.
6. Remove the cakes from the mold by flipping over onto a plate, carefully!
7. Decorate with icing to create eyes or use icing to stick googly eyes on.
Too cute, right?! A fun treat for all ages.