Another recipe for your meal prep arsenal!
This is a sweet and savory lunch that is filling and full of nutrients. They are a great source of fiber and vitamins A,B, and C. They aid with digestion and cooking them increases Vitamin C content as well!
To balance out the sweet potato and make it a more hearty meal, I like to add chicken and veggies.
First, prepare sweet potatoes in the oven, slow cooker or Instant Pot. Click here for my favorite Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes, pictured below:
Then you will use a few more ingredients to make it a meal.
Barbecue Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
4 sweet potatoes
1/2 lb of cooked chicken breast, shredded
1/2 cup barbecue sauce plus more for drizzling
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Bake sweet potatoes until you can pierce with a fork
2. Shred cooked chicken, add salt and pepper to taste
3. Mix chicken with barbecue sauce
4. Slice sweet potatoes in half longways and top with chicken
5. Drizzle more sauce on top if desired
6. Serve! I serve with broccoli or another veggie