Gather your ingredients. See below for what you need. I used red sanding sugar, blue sanding sugar and some red, white and blue jimmies. I had each in a separate bowl. I used 1 15 oz bag of white chocolate chips.
You can get some great sets of these little glass bowls I used for the sprinkles at Dollar Tree. I purchased a set of 3 for just $1. I love these bowls and they are actually great quality for being less than $1 each.
You can find similar ones on Amazon. Here is a set of 4 bowls on Amazon.
For all the patriotic holidays these are great. I found the jimmies at Publix. They are made by Betty Crocker and were about $3. The sanding sugars came from Walmart for $1.48 each. I bought the Great Value brand.
Once you melt your chocolate it should look like this in the picture below. You want to get rid of as many lumps and chunks as possible. When you stir after melting this is easy to accomplish without melting more.
From there all you have to do is dip the strawberries in chocolate and then sprinkles before they dry.
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Strawberries, washed and dried
White chocolate chips
Red, white and blue sprinkles
- Wash and dry off the strawberries.
- Prepare bowls of sprinkles.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl for 45 seconds and then stir.
- Microwave another 15 seconds and stir again.
- Dip strawberries in melted chocolate and then immediately into the sprinkles.
- Let the strawberries sit and dry a few minutes so chocolate can set.