Crunchatize your cookies!
Who doesn’t love sugary cereals with milk? And, really… let’t be honest. We all eat multiple bowls in one sitting. Cap’n Crunch has been one of my all time favorite cereals since I was little. Anytime I decide to purchase a sugary cereal box to have as an occasional treat, Cap’n Crunch is my go-to!
When I got a little bit older and tried the Crunch Berries kind, I fell in love.
It just so happens that I recently impulse bought a box for myself. I also just so happened to stumble upon a recipe in my copy of “The Great American Baking Book” that I decided to alter a little bit. Which leads me to this next recipe…… Breakfast Cereal Cookies!
-3/4 cup butter, softened
-3/4 cup granulated sugar
-1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
-1/2 tsp salt
-1 tsp baking soda
-1/2 cup oats (preferably rolled, but I only tried instant and it worked just fine)
-3/4 cup cereal (measure after crushing cereal in a ziploc bag or using a food processor)
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees, grease a cookie sheet with non-stick spray
2. Cream butter and sugar in electric mixer until light colored and fluffy (about 2 mins)
3. Add egg and mix to combine
4. Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl
5. Add dry ingredients to mixing bowl
6. Let dough sit at least 30 mins (it can sit overnight and is better this way)
7. Bake cookies 10-12 mins
Let sit to cool 5 minutes. Enjoy!!