St. Patrick’s Day Sprinkle Sugar Cookies
Servings: 2 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 25 minutes Bake Time: 20 minutes
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 3/4 all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
2. Beat softened butter and sugar in a stand mixer on low speed and then add egg and vanilla and stir to combine
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and whisk with a fork to combine
4. Add dry ingredients into mixer bowl 1/3 at a time, so in 3 batches and mix on low speed, scraping down the bowl in between adding more dry ingredients. If dough is very sticky and hard to work with by hand, chill in fridge for about 10 minutes.
5. Roll balls of cookie dough by hand and prepare dishes of sprinkles
6. Bake 7-9 minutes until edges are browned and tops are crackly.