Another installment in the meal prep series. Here is an easy recipe with about 15 minutes of active time that is ready within about 40 minutes from start to finish.
It is great paired with a salad or piece of fruit as a lunch to take to work or a dinner for the whole family. Plus…it has only 5 ingredients!
This recipe is bound to fulfill your craving for pizza but is a lighter and healthier option that will keep you on track with your healthy eating. You know, if that is the sort of thing you are in to. I try to balance “healthy” and “unhealthy” and do a lot of just eating what I enjoy. But this is something that I enjoy that does not have the same amount of grease as pizza.
Also, zucchini is good for you. read this article to learn more about the benefits of zucchini. https://foodrevolution.org/blog/zucchini-benefits/
Take your zucchinis, cut off the ends, and scoop out the insides with a spoon to create a boat for the ingredients to sit in. See the pictures below.
Next you will prepare a baking dish with non stick spray. Fill the dish with the zucchinis and fill each one with a little bit of marinara sauce.
After the sauce, top each zucchini with a few pepperoni slices.
Next, add some minced garlic and top with shredded cheese.
I used pepper jack cheese but you could use mozzarella if you like that better. Both are good! Now its time to bake.
When it is done it will look like the picture below.
Pizza Zucchini Boats
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
1 cup marinara sauce
3 oz sliced pepperoni
1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Wash and prepare zucchinis: cut off the ends, slice in half longways and scoop out the middles with a spoon.
- Place each zucchini half in the baking dish and fill each one with a little bit of pasta sauce. If you have any leftover, save for serving.
- Fill each zucchini with pepperoni and top with garlic and cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until cheese is melted and browned.
- Cool 5 minutes before serving.