This recipe is a classic sugar cookie with crisp edges and soft centers. I used my Valentine’s Day shaped cookie cutters so you can make these for your Valentine or with your kiddos. See below for process!
3. Add dry ingredients scraping down the bowl in between adding more dry ingredients as needed
Dough will look like the picture below when done
4. Flour your surface to roll out the cookies and roll evenly out. Transfer dough to roll out surface
5. Get out your cookie cutters and cut out the shapes you want
6. Transfer cutout cookies onto baking sheet
7. Bake 7-9 minutes until the edges are browning. Let cool 5 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to complete cooling on a wire rack.
8. Once cooled, decorate with icing and sprinkles!
Stay tuned for a marbled icing tutorial later this week!
Valentine’s Day Roll Out Sugar Cookies
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
2. Beat softened butter and sugar in a stand mixer on low speed and then add egg and vanilla and stir to combine
3. Add dry ingredients and stir, scraping down bowl halfway through.
4. Lightly flour your work surface and roll out the dough with a rolling pin.
5. Use cookie cutters to cut shapes. Transfer cookies to baking sheet and bake 7-9 minutes.